عنوان مقاله [English]
The promotion of total factor productivity is one of the economic goals, and the recognition of the factors influencing it has always been emphasized by economists. Entrepreneurship can be mentioned as one of the most important factors affecting the promotion of total factor productivity. Considering the importance of this issue, the present study assesment the role of entrepreneurship on total factor productivity in three groups of countries Factor-oriented (9 countries, including Iran), efficiency- oriented (10 countries) and innovation-oriented (16 countries) using generalized moment of method (GMM) during the period of 2008-2015. The results of the study indicate that the positive and significant impact of the entrepreneurship index and each of the five main indices (nascent entrepreneurial, early-stage entrepreneurial, new business owners, established business owners and exit from business) on the total factor productivity in the studied countries. The index coefficient of nascent entrepreneurial in factor-oriented countries is greater than efficiency- oriented and innovation-oriented countries. Also, the impact of openness, information communication and technology, education, and capital intensity were examined as controlling variables in the model among these, the effect of openness on total factor productivity in factor-oriented countries is meaningless, and in the efficiency- oriented and innovation- oriented countries is positive and meaningful, the effect education of positive and meaningful, the effect of capital intensity is positive and meaningful, and the effect of information and communication technology in the factor-oriented and innovation- oriented countries is negative and meaningless and in the efficiency- oriented countries group is positive and meaningful.
- Ahmadpour Daryani, M. & Moghimi, M. (2006). The basics of entrepreneurship. Tehran, Farandish Publishing House, 10th edition (In Persian).
- Amann, E., & Virmani, S. (2015). Foreign direct investment and reverse technology spillovers. OECD Journal Economic Studies, 1, 129-153.
- Amini, A., Valienia, S.A., Ansari, Z., & Soleimani, Y. (2015). The role of entrepreneurship development in improving labor productivity, comparative comparison of developed and developed countries. Political-Economic Quarterly, 298, 187-172 (In Persian).
- Amini, A. & Hejazi Azad, Z. (2008). Analyzing the role of human capital and R&D in promoting total factor productivity (TFP) in Iran's economy. Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, 10(35),1-30 (In Persian).
- Beck, T., Levine, R., & Loayza, N. (2000). Finance and the sources of growth. Journal of Financial Economics, 58(1-2), 261-300.
- Bekaert, G., Harvey, C. R., & Lundblad, C. (2011). Financial openness and productivity. World Development, 39(1), 1-19.
- Bolbol, A., Fatheldin, A., & Omran, M. M. (2005). Financial development, structure and economic growth. Research in International Business and Finance, 19(1), 171-194.
- Carree, M. A., & Thurik, A. R. (2010). The Impact of entrepreneurship on economic growth. Handbook of Entrepreneurship Research, 557-594.
- Coe, D. T., Helpman, E., & Hoffmaister, A. (1997). North-South R&D spillovers. Economic Journal, 107(440), 134-149.
- Coe, D. T., Helpman, E., & Hoffmaister, A. W. (2008). International R&D spillovers and institution, IMF Working Paper, WP/08/104.
- Coe, D. T., Helpman, E., & Hoffmaister, A. W. (2009). International R&D spillovers and institutions. European Economic Review, 53(7); 423-451.
- Colino, A., Benito-Osorio, D., & Rueda Armengot, C. (2014). How much does innovation matter for economic growth? Management Decision, 52(2), 313-325.
- Dhahri, S., & Omri, A. (2018). Entrepreneurship contribution to the three pillars of sustainable development: What does the evidence really say? World Development, 106, 64-77
- Dizaji, M., & Rostami, H. (2017). Investigating Factors affecting total productivity productivity (TFP) in Iranian economy. Second International Management and Accounting Conference, Tehran, July 15, 11-21(In Persian).
- Edquist, H., & Henrekson, M. (2016). Do R&D and ICT affect total factor productivity growth differently? Telecommunications Policy, 41(2), 106-119.
- Erken, H., Donselaar, P., & Thurik, R. (2016). Total factor productivity and the role of entrepreneurship. Jena Economic Research Papers, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics, 1-29.
- Erkena, H., Donselaarb, P., & Thurikc, R. (2014). Total factor productivity and the role of entrepreneurship. Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development Journal, 43(6), 1439-1521.
- Fayolle, A., Gailly, B., & Lassas-Clerc, N. (2006). Assessing the impact of entrepreneurship education programmes: a new methodology. Journal of European industrial training, 30(9), 701-720.
- Galindo, M. A., Nissan, E., & Picazo, M. T. M. (2012). Innovation, progress, entrepreneurship and cultural aspects. International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, 8(4), 411-420
- Global Competitiveness Report (GCR), www. Weforum. Org/reports/global competitiveness-report-2013-2014-2015.
- Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM): available through http://www.gemconsortium.Org
- Gupta, P., Grace Li, B., & Yu, J. (2015). From natural resource boom to sustainable economic growth: Lessons for Mongolia. International Monetary Fund (IMF) Working Paper, 151, 7-25.
- Gutierrez, L. (2011). Labour Productivity in Some Countries. Journal of Economics, 3(4), 186-204.
- Jorgenson, D. W. (2001). Information technology and US economy. American Economic Review, 91(1), 1-32.
- Kazemi, T., & Mubaraki, M. (2013). Investigating the Effect of Entrepreneurship on Iran's Economic Growth Using Bayesian Measurement Approach. Quarterly Journal of Entrepreneurship Development, 5(3), 125-144 (In Persian).
- Khan, U. S. (2005). Macro determinants of total factor productivity in Pakistan. Munich Personal RePEc Archive, MPRA Paper 8693, 2. Retrieved from http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/8693/
- Komijani, A., & Memarnejad, A., (2005). Importance of human resources and R&D Quality in Iran's Economic Growth. Commercial Letter, 8(31), 1-31(In Persian).
- Komijani, A., padash, H., sadeghin, A., & Ahmad Hadid, B. (2012). Factors effecting the promotion of total productivity of production factors in Iran. Journal of Monetary-Bank Research, 2(5), 1-38(In Persian).
- Kose, M. A., Prasad, E. S., & Terrones, M. E. (2008). Does openness to international financial flows contribute to productivity growth? IZA Discussion Papers from Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA) Paper 3634.
- Kuratko, D., & Hodgettes, R. (2017). Enterpreneurship: A contemporary Approach. Philadelphia: Harcourt College Publishers, 25(1-2), 90-99.
- Liu, T. K., Chen, J. R., Huang, C. C., & Yang, C. H. (2013). E-commerce, R&D, and productivity: Firm-level evidence from Taiwan. Information Economics and Policy, 25(4), 272-283.
- Mahmoudzadeh, M. & Razaghi, H., (2011). Influence of Information and Communication Technology Influence on Total Productivity Productivity in Selected Developing Countries. Quarterly Journal of economics and trade, Novin, 4(13),1-21(In Persian).
- Matteucci, N.S. (2005). ICT, R&D and Productivity Growth: Evidence from Italian Manufacturing Firms. University Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy, 64-78.
- Moradi, M.(2012). The Impact of entrepreneurship on the production and growth of the Iranian industry. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Modeling, 2(5,6), 212-247(In Persian).
- Motaze Zadeh, E. (2015). Economic jihad and increase productivity. The first national conference on Iranian economy, management and culture, Ardebil, 1-23(In Persian).
- Mubarak, A., & Mohammadlou, N. (2012). The effects of trade policies and oil revenues on total productivity of OPEC selected factories. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Business Novin, 4(13), 141-161 (In Persian).
- Najarzadeh Noushe Abadi, A., Mehranfar, J., & Tabarsi, M.(2012). The role of entrepreneurship in economic growth. Planning and Budget Quarterly, 17(118), 115-129(In Persian).
- Naudé, W. (2012). Entrepreneurship and economic development: Theory, evidence and policy. IZA Discussion Paper, (7507).
- Nissan, E., Martín, M. Á. G., & Picazo, M. T. M. (2011). Relationship between organizations, institutions, entrepreneurship and economic growth process. International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, 7(3), 311-324.
- Oosterbeek, H., Van Praag, M., & Ijsselstein, A. (2010). The impact of entrepreneurship education on entrepreneurship skills and motivation. European economic review, 54(3), 442-454.
- Parker, S., Hartog ch., Van Stel, a. & Thurik, R. (2008). The two-way relationship between entrepreneurship & economic performance. Scientific Analysis of Entrepreneurship & SMES, 4(13), 1-78.
- Rahmani, T., & Hayati, S.(2007). The effect of information and communication technology on the growth of the productivity of total production factors: An intergovernmental study. Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, 9 (33), 25-51(In Persian).
- Romer, P. M. (1986). Increasing returns and long-run growth. Journal of Political Economy, 94(5), 37-1002.
- Sabahi, A., Naji meydani, A. A. & Soleimani, E. (2014). Investigating the effect of entrepreneurship on economic growth in selected countries. Quarterly Journal of Economic Growth and Development, 3(11), 9-18(In Persian).
- Seo, H-J., & Lee, S.L. (2006). Contribution of information and communication technology to total factor productivity and externalities affects. Information Technology for Development, 12(2), 159-173.
- Shahabadi, A., & Komijani, A. (2001). Investigating the effect of domestic and foreign R & D activities (through foreign trade) on total factor productivity. Business Journal, 5(18), 29-68 (In Persian).
- Shahabadi, A., & Rahmani, O. (2008). The role of domestic and foreign R & D accumulation on the growth of the total factor productivity of the industrial sector. Quarterly Journal of New Economics and Trade, 4(14), 18-38 (In Persian).
- Shahabadi, A., & Rahmani, O.(2010), Investigating the role of research and development on the productivity of the industrial sector in Iran, Quarterly Journal of Parks and Growth Centers, 7(25), 28-38 (In Persian).
- Shahabadi, A., & Sarigol, S. (2016). Direct and indirect effects of oil on the total factor productivity of Iran's economy (using the simultaneous equation system method). Quarterly Journal of Economic Growth and Development Research, 7(28), 141-164 (In Persian).
- Shan, S., Jia, Y., Zheng, X., & Xu, X. (2018). Assessing relationship and contribution of China’s technological entrepreneurship to socio-economic development. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 135, 83-90.
- Soleimani, e. (2012). The Impact of Entrepreneurship on Economic Growth in Selected Countries. Master's Degree, Ferdowsi University, Mashhad.
- Teixeira, A.C., & Fortunal, N. (2010). Human capital, R&D, trade and long-run productivity. Testing the technological absorption hypothesis for the Portuguese economy 1960-2001. Research Policy, 39(3), 335-350.
- Teybi, S. K., Emadzadeh, M., & Sheykhbahai, A. (2008). The impact of industrial export and human capital on TFP and economic growth in OIC. Quaterly Journal of Quantitative Economics, 5(17), 85-106(In Persian).
- Toma, S.-G., Grigore, A. M., & Marinescu, P. (2014). Economic development and entrepreneurship. Procedia Economics and Finance, 8(16), 436-443.
- Van Stel, A., Carree, M., & Thurik, R. (2005). The effect of entrepreneurial activity on national economic growth. Small business economics, 24(3), 311-321.
- World Bank (2016). World Development Indicators. Retrieved at http://www.data.worldbank.org.